Welcome to Professional Jewelry Investigations, offering the world’s highest credentials and expertise in all types of jewelry and gemstone investigations, evaluations and appraisal. We specialize in gemological identifications, damaged jewelry and gemstone evaluations, jewelry industry fraud investigations, litigation involving any type of jewelry or gemstone, jewelry appraisal of all types, and more. Our experience provides you with the industry’s highest credentials, and our gemological lab offers the most advanced testing procedures available anywhere. Our services have been utilized by insurers and litigators in the United States and Europe. We invite you to review our expertise below and use the Request for Assistance form on this page, or the Contact Us form from the menu for more information or to retain us as your expert.
Whether you need appraisal for estate liquidation, probate of will, bankruptcy, insurance coverage, divorce, division of assets or any other action, we offer the industry’s finest gemological appraisal lab with over 48 years of experience in the evaluation and appraisal of personal property.
With our years of experience performing damage evaluations for the USAA Gem Lab, we have the experience to properly evaluate damaged jewelry items of all levels. Our damage evaluation expertise has been used by major insurance companies for investigations in the US and Europe.
Error and Fraud
Incorrect gemstone identification and undisclosed treatments of gemstones are major problems for jewelers and consumers, alike. We have the expertise to identify and document gemstone identifications and treatments that are often used to defraud other jewelers and customers.
Major losses have been documented due to manufacturing defect. We have the knowledge and experience to demonstrate manufacturing errors to help your client recover losses due to manufacturing defects of jewelry production.
Proven Investigation and Expert Witness Experience
Here is a brief case list of my experience:
- Direct Shopping Network -v- Colored Stone Magazine – California Supreme Court. This case involved verification and exposure of a $100 million dollar fraud, perpetrated in part by Direct Shopping Network with the help of Chinese gemstone companies from Beijing. My report was instrumental in exposing the fraud, with an anti-SLAPP prevailing in the highest court of the State of California.
- Marliese Weed & Class -v- Jewelry Television Network – United States District Court, Southern Dist. CA. This case with a part of the above $100 million dollar fraud perpetrated on US consumers by the Chinese gemstone company, with the help of several US television shopping channels. The Class Action prevailed in the case, based on my investigation and expert witness appearance in deposition.
- Diamond Consortium -v- Cummings Manookian PLC – United States Federal Court, Sherman, Texas. This case involved a class action law firm in Tennessee filing baseless lawsuits against several major diamond companies, then attempting to extort money from those companies. My investigation, reporting and expert witness testimony assisted in ending the attacks against the jewelers, and ended the class action lawsuits.
- Susanne Hilou -v- Heritage Auctions – Dallas, Texas Binding Arbitration. We see this happening more and more as major diamond purchases are based on erroneous Diamond Grading Reports from the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). The GIA failed to report a color enhancement treatment on a major diamond purchase with litigation ensuing. Case was decided by binding arbitration.
- $1.2 million Damaged Diamond Claim (and others) – Chubb Europe Insurance – London, United Kingdom. I have been called upon to investigate and report on high value damaged diamond claims in the UK by Chubb Europe in many occasions.
Additional information on request.
Gem Shopping at Bagram AB
Since 2009 I have provided free research, reporting and assistance regarding gemstone scams being perpetrated on US Soldiers deployed throughout Afghanistan. I produced a 35 minute DVD: Gem Shopping at Bagram AB, and have provided this free to any APO or FPO address for any soldier or DOD employee deployed anywhere in the region. The United States Marine Corps credited this DVD as saving US Marines over $100,000.00 due to purchases of misrepresented gemstones at the local bazaars and markets located around Bagram Air Base, and the outlying Forward Operating Bases. At left is the DVD provided, along with a US Flag presented to my and my family by the United States Marine Corps, as well as Old Glory flown over Forward Operating Base Findley Shields and sent to us in appreciation of our efforts by soldiers deployed there.
Submit Your Inquiry or Request for Assistance
There is no fee for the initial contact, and case or claim consultation
Please use the SSL Secure form below to submit your request for information or assistance.